Saturday, February 19, 2011

Zambia blogging

Hi! after some squabbling - we've decided on a name for the blog. What do you think of it? I'm not crazy about it, but then again, not crazy about blogging. Maybe its just the word, but moreover, its because my brain doesn't really translate well to writing as most of you know and to have it be interesting writing is even more pressure. Consider the above a disclaimer and we can move on.

We have arrived in Lusaka, Zambia and spent one nite on the Taj Pamodzi before moving over into our new house in the New Kasama neighborhood (? not sure if thats the correct reference). Most of our flights were easy, and Keith even managed to get a ton of sleep on the Atlanta - JoBurg leg. I did not as I was overstimulated and watched romatic comedies on fast forward, many of which I'd seen before. Next time we do this, we will just give everything away before moving as I don't think we should have to endure that mental stress ever again.

We are settling in slowly, discovering that both of us are SO ridiculously addicted to the internet which to access is both expensive and slow. I knew before about the slow part but didn't realize they charge via bandwidth. Keith is driving (I have not yet) the beater car that was loaned to us by my coworker Louise and her husband Grant down dirt roads on the right side of the road. We know how to get to one of the malls and found korean food which was both good and included tofu last nite. I am now sitting here reeking of garlic, ah - happy.

Today, is Sunday morning where many are at church so I will attempt driving and being a true Sunday Driver (always have heard that phrase but never really thought about its meaning). We'll try to upload some photos later today.

2 comments:

Deepa said...

"Zambia blogging" seemed perfectly fine to me, until you instructed us to give feedback! Perhaps it should be more FLASHY and SNAZZY, to match your personalities! ;D

Dev said...

Photos will be exciting!

Post a Comment